Take the flavors of Topia home with you by making this simple and delicious salsa from our head chef. All it requires is six ingredients, a pan for roasting, and a blender or molcajete (mexican mortar and pestle.)
- 10 Tomatillos
- 1 White Onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 Serrano chiles
- Coriander to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a hot pan or grill, place the ingredients to roast. Be careful with the garlic, don't let it burn. Sautee it before all the other ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are roasted, remove the stem from the already roasted chili peppers. Place everything in a blender and blend at low speed. Alternate to give texture to the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, you can add finely chopped coriander to your choice.
- TIP: If you have a molcajete on hand, you can grind all roasted ingredients manually for a better texture. Begin by adding garlic first, and then chili and salt. Then add the roasted onion and finally the tomatillos.
- For even more flavor you can add chopped cilantro. Ready to enjoy, you can accompany with chips, guacamole, and of course in Mexico's favorite: tacos.